Tuesday, December 7, 2010

5 days in/Mantown last night

There is no internet at the house yet, so the posts are few and far between at this point. Hopefully we'll get something in soon, and posts should be up every couple of days.

We have only spent 3 nights total in the house, but it's starting to settle in that we are on our own in a new home. My room is still freezing, and getting ready in the morning still sucks, but I'm on my own. I'll have to go grocery shopping on my own pretty soon, and I'm really nervous. My friend, Dan Griffin, told me about his escapades while grocery shopping, and having to call his mom for help. I'm going to do my best, but no promises.

We had Mantown in the house last night, which is just a group of guys that meet together to encourage one another in living life for/with Jesus. I was hugely convicted last night of not living solely for Jesus, and for my brothers. I'm sitting in my second class of the day, and I'm still not able to pay attention. I am next to tears thinking about my friends, and how I haven't been for them at all. I've lived a totally selfish life, and I don't give Jesus, or my friends and family the time of day to even lift them up in prayer. My heart has been broken today over them. I'm tired of living a selfish life, and I long to be like Jesus. This house is going to help, but I don't want to need something of this world to help me understand where my heart is at, and where it should be directed. I want Jesus to do that, and Jesus alone! But because I'm not that bright, God blessed me, and the other guys with this house, so that we could learn and know him. The Gospel has become something that I've never expected it to become, and that is everything.

The hope for this blog is that you would be able to read it and be encouraged in Jesus. If you aren't a Christian, the house would love for you to check him out, and see what he means for your life. If you are, we pray that you would grow closer and more intimate with him.

On a side note, if you have any prayer requests, definitely feel free to message them, or post them. or anything to get them here. We're going to be a house committed to being men of God, who are going to encourage all of our fellow brothers and sisters. We really do love you guys, and hope you keep reading. Invite your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment